the words for today are...
If you want to be considered hot/cool in today's science industry, you must incorporate the following catch phrases:
epigenetics
systems biology
translational science
I think we should start throwing these words into every day life conversations. For example,
1) while riding in the peloton, one could say to the cyclist beside you, "And how is your systems biology going?" meaning - how is your body coping with the workout?
2) "How did you epigenetic it?" meaning - how did you start that?
I couldn't really think of one for translational science. so you'll have to think of a sentence and send it on.
epigenetics
systems biology
translational science
I think we should start throwing these words into every day life conversations. For example,
1) while riding in the peloton, one could say to the cyclist beside you, "And how is your systems biology going?" meaning - how is your body coping with the workout?
2) "How did you epigenetic it?" meaning - how did you start that?
I couldn't really think of one for translational science. so you'll have to think of a sentence and send it on.

4 Comments:
Just posting to say that I HATE systems biology. I hate to write a paper on it three years ago, for a class I couldn't stand. yuck.
By
Anonymous, at 6:16 AM
Well, if you want to piss off a basic scientist, you can ask him/her how his research translates to the clinic.
By
wei, at 8:23 AM
i love systems biology. helloooh? spread the love!
By
Eh-choo mui mui., at 7:36 PM
It's not published till Oct 22 but you might want to read The Ethical Imagination, by Margaret Somerville. It's the book version of this year's Massey Lectures. I'm reading an advance reviewer's copy right now and it's pretty good. FULL of epigenetics. FULL!
By
Anonymous, at 12:59 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home