lyNN'sOz

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Thoughts on Ironman Japan

We all know that Mark is heading to Ironman Japan in an attempt to qualify for Kona. What's Lynn doing?

Well... Lynn's going to try to do Ironman Japan (training for ironman has got to be the most effective way of getting rid of thesis flab) but seeing as the cut off time for Ironman Japan is 15 hrs - she's got a bit of work to do. All I can say, is that I'll be doing the COMPLETE opposite of Mark and not signing up with anyone for a coach. I'm up to five times a week and will be hopefully adding another bike and swim workout soon - if I can manage to get up early after watching the tour. And I'm off to try another pair of orthotics as well since I now blister within 1/2 hr of running in the pair of orthotics that I've been trying to wear down for the last year. Like last time, I'm sure it'll be an interesting ride as I try to cement a fellowship, project and fend off the hungry project postdoc grabbers in the surrounding facility.

one BIG disadvantage of oz. it's far from everything and it's an inconvenience to watch anything in any other part of the world.

p.s. - one hopes that mark will learn to sleep in one of these days. someone tell him that 8 am is not sleeping in.

3 Comments:

  • lyNN,

    look forward to your decision on IM Japan.

    i'm thinking lake placid seems the easiest location for me to try my first.

    8am seems late to me, but i go to bed pretty early.

    trying to taper for peterborough, but not working and not training makes for a dull day.

    take care

    peck

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 PM  

  • Lynn, you're going to do awesome. Best of luck. Are you not getting a coach, or you just haven't gotten one yet?

    Steve

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 PM  

  • Good luck with all the training! You certainly have the discipline required to train on your own. At least until you find some normally paced Australians. Although from your pictures posted to the blogs, it does appear that all Australians move so fast that they can't even be captured in pictures.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home