Up 'n over
Up 'n over steep hills in a cross country run race is not my specialty. ugh. i don't know how some of these runners do it.
I think that with the increase in mileage for running I haven't gained any speed whatsoever for short course running (<10k). I think I need to do some speed workouts but this run season I've been able to break the 2h barrier of the half-marathon which I haven't been able to do - so something must be working. We'll see how it goes for the full in three weeks. I have a bit of a cold, but hopefully it will go away shortly with loads of fluids (although i must admit, that is quite offputting to be running for the washroom every hour).
In other events, Mark and I are going to our first christening. wait- mark's first. we didn't really want to get silver hardware to give to the little one (did you know they call babies here bubs?) so we chose fairy tale books. well, at least she'll be able to exchange them at the bookstore if it doesn't suit her. in hindsight, fairy tale books aren't too godly are they? oh well.
we'll be coming back to canada for a very short visit soon. hope to see a bunch of you then!
I think that with the increase in mileage for running I haven't gained any speed whatsoever for short course running (<10k). I think I need to do some speed workouts but this run season I've been able to break the 2h barrier of the half-marathon which I haven't been able to do - so something must be working. We'll see how it goes for the full in three weeks. I have a bit of a cold, but hopefully it will go away shortly with loads of fluids (although i must admit, that is quite offputting to be running for the washroom every hour).
In other events, Mark and I are going to our first christening. wait- mark's first. we didn't really want to get silver hardware to give to the little one (did you know they call babies here bubs?) so we chose fairy tale books. well, at least she'll be able to exchange them at the bookstore if it doesn't suit her. in hindsight, fairy tale books aren't too godly are they? oh well.
we'll be coming back to canada for a very short visit soon. hope to see a bunch of you then!

2 Comments:
in hindsight, fairy tale books aren't too godly are they?
Nope, some ultra-conservatives would consider them pagan or some bullshit like that.
we'll be coming back to canada for a very short visit soon.
I'm starting to plan your whirlwind Portland fly-by tour :)
By
wei, at 9:52 PM
good thing they aren't very conservative. besides, she's really into harry potter and such so i can't see her being put off by us giving classic fairy tales. i hope.
By
lyNN, at 10:50 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home