lyNN'sOz

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Fellowship time

Well, it's fellowship time again. It should be a fun time, considering I've still got to publish papers from the last little bit of work that I did in my Ph.D. I received the CIHR review of my application in Feb. It wasn't too bad, except for the following:
1) Applicant having more recent sole first author primary research publications in high impact journals and explaining the long gap of publications of two co-first author papers (2001 to 2005).
2) Mentorship record of proposed supervisor was not as extensive as that of other proposed supervisors of highly rated candidates.

First, high-impact papers in the drug field are hard to come by if you aren't going to do animal models or have patient material to come by. What is considered high-impact anyhow? Two, you can't win apparently even if you do have publications. Third, is my supervisor's record going to drag down my application down? who knows. it's all a crap shoot, i suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home