Training news
Whilst (a word that is used way too much in Australia) changing out of swimwear for work, I overheard one of the girls in Mark's lane say that she's so slow these days. Why? Because apparently she's only swimming 4 times a week as opposed to 6! And here Lynn thinks she's already improving with the two swim (squads) per week.
Since my last post - Mark has found me a running partner and now, a cycling group. I suspect that he's doing this to keep me occupied as his requirement for training increases (time-wise). Apparently I am slow enough for him to do a recovery ride with. While many of you think that it's great that we both do triathlon, the reality is - we really don't do much training together. This has been exacerbated by the male dominated super stupid fast jock pace that permeates Melbourne and his whacky jack schedule of working out.
On the otherhand, maybe I'll actualy get out more and get faster. As mark says,'If I could ride my bike like I navigate through crowds, I'd be set'.
Since my last post - Mark has found me a running partner and now, a cycling group. I suspect that he's doing this to keep me occupied as his requirement for training increases (time-wise). Apparently I am slow enough for him to do a recovery ride with. While many of you think that it's great that we both do triathlon, the reality is - we really don't do much training together. This has been exacerbated by the male dominated super stupid fast jock pace that permeates Melbourne and his whacky jack schedule of working out.
On the otherhand, maybe I'll actualy get out more and get faster. As mark says,'If I could ride my bike like I navigate through crowds, I'd be set'.

3 Comments:
So - who is the new running partner and the new cycling group.
Based on my experience finding new training groups, I am guessing it is a bunch of 50 year old men. Apparently, the triathlon wave combinations of women under 30 and men 50 - 55 do actually make sense.
Glad to hear that you found some people to train with. You are going to be faster than ever.
By
Anonymous, at 6:12 AM
just to clarify on my 'navigating the crowd' comment.
if lynn was as "agressive" when biking as she is when navigating a crowd on foot, she'd be quite fast on the bike.
it's amazing how fast she can ride when a little enraged (you know, when brainiacs in there SUVs drive by real close). about a month ago, she totally dropped me on beach road after some half wit pea brain nearly cut her off ...
By
Mark Robinson, at 2:35 AM
yeah but i would say you didn't expect me to take off. if you had actually been prepared you would have had no problem so i've decided that your point is mute.
By
lyNN, at 3:28 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home