Joining the Boy's Club
More than once, I've been cautioned by others (both male and female) that Oz is very much male oriented. Anyone who knows me well enough - I'm not a roaring feminist but I do believe that anyone should be able to do whatever they want regardless of gender as long as the person as the right qualifications.
what am i getting at...let's just say I'm learning some diplomacy and exerting much patience within my lab, making sure that I'm not jumping to any conclusion.
rumour has it that the director of the institute worked up until she had labour pains and then was back within a week of giving birth (baby sitting beside the lab bench) - so exactly what does it take to be a part of the boy's club?
what am i getting at...let's just say I'm learning some diplomacy and exerting much patience within my lab, making sure that I'm not jumping to any conclusion.
rumour has it that the director of the institute worked up until she had labour pains and then was back within a week of giving birth (baby sitting beside the lab bench) - so exactly what does it take to be a part of the boy's club?

1 Comments:
How is the apparent lack of maternity benefits going to affect the plans to have two babies in one year?
Seriously, sounds like it is an interesting environment at work. You will need to be very analytical in understanding how the boys' club works. And then very creative in figuring out how you can relate to the club.
Good luck!!
By
Anonymous, at 1:58 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home