two in one year
By now, most of you know that mark likes to be as efficient as possible. I think this is best exemplified by his opinion that having two kids in one year is the best way to get through the child-rearing process and still have a family.
A quick glance at the maternity benefits offered for temporary residents of Australia reveals that it's as clear as mud about what benefits I'd be eligible to receive. Potentially, I'd be under the wing of the institute's policys but quite frankly I'm not going to be asking anyone right now about benefits. The odd thing about Oz is an abnormally high number of multiple births... so where does that mean for me? who knows... maybe it's in the food.
Nonetheless, since mark works in an office environment, perhaps it'd be best if he just cared for the babies while working? After all, if I carried/cared for the baby for 9 months, it'd only be fair if he did the same, no?
A quick glance at the maternity benefits offered for temporary residents of Australia reveals that it's as clear as mud about what benefits I'd be eligible to receive. Potentially, I'd be under the wing of the institute's policys but quite frankly I'm not going to be asking anyone right now about benefits. The odd thing about Oz is an abnormally high number of multiple births... so where does that mean for me? who knows... maybe it's in the food.
Nonetheless, since mark works in an office environment, perhaps it'd be best if he just cared for the babies while working? After all, if I carried/cared for the baby for 9 months, it'd only be fair if he did the same, no?

10 Comments:
Your plan sounds very fair - you handle the child care for the 9 months before the birth and Mark handles the next 9 months. He is the one with the cushy office job. I guess you will have to move to a sharing arrangement after the first 9 months. By that time, the baby should be able to sit in the baby stroller/bike trailer so that you can take the little one on your training exploits.
By
Anonymous, at 7:04 PM
i like this plan.
the only flaw i see is the whole baby-access-to-the-boob thing. maybe i can get one of those artificial ones like in 'meet the fockers' ...
By
Mark Robinson, at 10:20 PM
uh... maybe you could just try feeding with a bottle?
By
lyNN, at 1:46 AM
Do you two really want to be encouraging all of the pro-lifers by calling the 9 months before birth "child-care"? I'm not saying one way or another, but be prepared for the logical consequences of your arguments.
By
Anonymous, at 9:06 AM
steve,
i was referring to the changes (throwing up, back problems, swollen lower body, gestational diabetes, etc) in the body which you have to endure for 9 months. Granted, you never can tell how bad/good it will be but let's look at the probability of it...
By
lyNN, at 5:23 PM
Lynn, I wasn't saying that it was easy to be pregnant. I'm just saying you probably don't want to be calling it child-care, for if you're caring for a child then abortion must be the termination of a child, and thus murder.
What's gestational diabetes, I haven't heard of that before.
By
Anonymous, at 8:45 PM
Lynn, I wasn't saying that it was easy to be pregnant. I'm just saying you probably don't want to be calling it child-care, for if you're caring for a child then abortion must be the termination of a child, and thus murder.
What's gestational diabetes, I haven't heard of that before.
By
Anonymous, at 8:45 PM
can I be the fairy godmother? can you name the kid after me? i.e. Henrietta Wongbinson.
By
Anonymous, at 6:36 AM
Hetti, that might be grounds for having your children taken away from you by child services.
By
Anonymous, at 5:19 PM
Hello Lynn!
Did I miss an announcement?
Amy
By
Anonymous, at 9:33 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home