Butt slapping during running
Unbelievable. I seem to be able to attract the most unsavoury characters in Australia. While running yesterday around 6pm at Princes Park, some guy on a mountain bike decided it would be okay/fun to slap me on the butt while I was running.
Needless to say, I was less than impressed and yelled out that he wasn't respresenting Australians very well at all. I wish I had the sense to grab his shirt or skateboard on his back and yank him from his bike. It wasn't like I was the only one running nor am I the only one running in form-fitting outfits (besides which, I actually had a coolmax t-shirt on as opposed to a tank top). I almost caught up to him at the stop lights but I'm not sure what I would have done then.
The worst part is that I lost sleep over it last nite since I couldn't get it out of my head and it kept turning over and over about what I should have done.
It's been recommended that maybe this is how melbournians greet each other and I should just go around slapping people's butts and seeing the reaction. strange folk they have here.
Needless to say, I was less than impressed and yelled out that he wasn't respresenting Australians very well at all. I wish I had the sense to grab his shirt or skateboard on his back and yank him from his bike. It wasn't like I was the only one running nor am I the only one running in form-fitting outfits (besides which, I actually had a coolmax t-shirt on as opposed to a tank top). I almost caught up to him at the stop lights but I'm not sure what I would have done then.
The worst part is that I lost sleep over it last nite since I couldn't get it out of my head and it kept turning over and over about what I should have done.
It's been recommended that maybe this is how melbournians greet each other and I should just go around slapping people's butts and seeing the reaction. strange folk they have here.

4 Comments:
Some people have no respect! In defense of Aussies that stuff happens here too. I know someone who got there ass grabbed while walking to class by some dude on a bike.
I suggest you stay focused if you ever ride the subway in Tokyo - that's the capital of random acts of groping...sketchy.
chillin in t-dot
jp.
By
Anonymous, at 1:25 PM
You are certainly a "looker" when you are out exercising. Seems like the chap was trying to "pick you up". Was it the same guy who launch the picking up attempt during your cycling a few months ago?
By
Anonymous, at 7:28 PM
good point prosper! i had forgotten about the tokyo subway. when i go, i'll remember to bring a taser.
unfortunately, i can't say this guy was even good looking. damn it.
By
lyNN, at 11:09 PM
i would've screamed out: "watch out for that pervert on the bike, he grabbed my boobs", but that'll make me look crazy, not him.
hmmmn. we need think of a good one-liner here...
By
Eh-choo mui mui., at 8:46 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home