lyNN'sOz

Monday, August 01, 2005

It's 9:45 pm and I'm sitting in the lab

Yup. It seems it didn't take me very long to live in the lab yet again. This past weekend was empty of workouts and today (Monday), I still find myself sitting in the lab with no end in sight right now with this old manuscript. I guess I should say the manuscript is finally moving to completion which is good - it's just pretty slow. I can't believe what I wrote in this manuscript just before handing out my thesis (in fact, I can't believe I actually got away with writing what I did in my thesis).

As entertainment and for sustenance, I'm listening to those wedding CDs that mark and i made a few years ago (because I can't store my ipod tunes on my OWN freakin' computer due to institute rules) and every so often Nick (NK cell guy and crazy ass sprinter cyclist) drop by and sing. Right now, he's belting 'personal jesus' by depeche mode. As bec would say, what a nutter. Meanwhile, I'm munching on horrible hospital cafeteria food (yes, it doesn't change despite being half-way around the world), fruit and dying from dehydration because I know if I get up, I won't want to keep going. Well, that's all for now. I had best get this darn discussion out of the way.

1 Comments:

  • So - old habits die hard.

    Sorry to hear that you still putting in such long hours at the lab. Academia is really hard field to get ahead in; it takes lots and lots of work. I hope that you managed to finish your manuscript at a decent hour.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home